Let’s take a look at the most common Cloud offerings in eDiscovery.
3 types of cloud hosting for eDiscovery
Public Cloud (AWS, MS Azure):
- All infrastructure exists in the data centers of the provider
- Users have a private environment within larger ecosystem
- Cloud host responsible for data security, IT management & support
Sounds good right? Except these public clouds aren’t just used for eDiscovery, so case data is in the same cloud as the data of large corporations and financial enterprises (which may be high-profile targets for hacking). Public cloud providers are experts in data security & IT management, but they aren’t specialists in eDiscovery.
Private Cloud (AKA, On-Prem):
- More control over data and environment
- Dedicated private network located either on-premise or at a remote site
- “On-Prem” eDiscovery deployment often means a private cloud
Control of eDiscovery data is fully with the user, which is an added benefit from a security and control standpoint. But the burden of maintaining an in-house system is heavy: managing hardware and software upgrades, maintaining an IT team that understands the needs of the legal department, securing against hacks and data breaches, while trying to recover costs and scale in the face of ever-growing datasets.
Hybrid eDiscovery: The Ipro Cloud
- The scalability of a public cloud with the data control of a private cloud
- Hosting team speaks the same language as your legal team and acts as your dedicated eDiscovery IT department
- State-of-the-art data center with limited employee access to sensitive data & a lower profile for targeted hacks
- Hosting fees are a fraction of those on public clouds
While you secure and fully manage your own environment in the Ipro Cloud, you also get the benefit of a true technology partner. You can surge or dial back resources depending on data needs and can rely on Ipro’s experienced services team when you need more personnel. Clients return again and again, because we specialize in building customized workflows for both simple and complex cases, while using our technology and advanced analytics to speed up processes through review with a focus on delivering quality results.