The successful candidate has:
- Senior level experience creating high performance web applications
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong understanding of web application debugging and performance tuning
- Comfortability with multiple web server technologies, development environments, and operating systems
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with modern web standards, such as Web Components, Server Push, Service Workers, PWAs, PRPL pattern, etc.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM/Kanban development environment
- Proficient understanding of Git and code versioning
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, including Node.js, Gulp, and Webpack
We are looking for someone who:
- Is attracted to complicated, complex problems
- Is forward thinking and likes to learn & use new technologies
- Is attracted to the challenge of leveling up a product built with older technologies
- Is built to thrive in ambiguity and doesn’t mind frequent pivots
- Takes pride in creating high quality, clean enterprise products
- Plays well with others. You thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input
About the role. How you will make an impact:
Our software engineers directly impact our customer experience by creating clean, maintainable, high performance & scalable code. Working alongside product managers, QA engineers, designers, and other fellow engineers, you will collaborate to create and release solutions through Agile delivery. To help us stay fresh, you will research new technologies to improve existing systems and build new ones. As a senior engineer, you will cultivate your peers via code reviews and best practices training.
Challenges you will help us solve:
- How do we incorporate the latest technologies into our products without creating more technical debt?
- Convert our desktop applications into modern HTML 5 web applications.
- Help bring a progressive cohesive design to our web platform.
- Develop solutions for the long-term maintainability of our UI codebase
We win with people. Here’s how we support ours.
- 100% company-paid benefits for the employee including: Health, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability and up to $50,000 in life insurance.
- 15 PTO days and 10 paid holidays.
- 401(k) plan
- We offer flexible start and end times.
- We have a startup company feel but 29 years of industry experience.
- Work/Life balance is valued and upheld.
- We have a casual office culture.
- We provide continuing technical training and tools like Safari by O’Reilly.