Title: Product Owner
Location: Tempe, AZ headquarters
Reports To: VP of Product Management
The successful candidate has:
- 5 years as Certified Scrum Product Owner.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to “speak geek” to a team of developers and knowledge of UX design principles.
- Ability to learn the eDiscovery Legal market in order to make sound decisions on how to move the product forward.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Solid vision for the product and ability to convey that vision to the engineering team.
- Experience with releasing commercial software to different market segments.
- Ability to define the personas targeted for a particular feature and obtain feedback.
- Leadership experience guiding a technical platform software team that uses multiple toolkits, relational databases, text search engines and more.
- Ability to present and communicate with customers through conferences, beta program, after a release, or as necessary.
About the role. How you will make an impact:
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for an area of the platform and shepherd features through the software development lifecycle, ensuring their successful release to our users. As a client advocate, you will get to know our customers, understand their needs and translate them into actionable features. You will manage feature requests from our customers, and pass ideas up to the Product Management team. You will vet and explain the vision to the engineering team, groom the backlog, and break features down into actionable pieces. As someone who bridges our Product and Engineering functions, you will need to understand the UX plan of our products and translate those requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria for our engineers to use. As many of our products are connected, you will work across teams to manage any dependencies of features in progress.
Challenges you will help us solve:
- Our product is very complex, how do we simplify each feature (removing the need to train stakeholders or users)?
- Given the complexity of our products, how do we weigh the costs vs. the value add of our features?
- How do we efficiently manage features with interdependencies?
- How do we ensure releases are of the highest quality, getting features “out the door” and learning from them as quickly as possible?
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the drive to understand eDiscovery / litigation process.
- Is competitive about products. You know the product space, understand what our competition does and how we can improve. You understand what they do well, what they do poorly, and how we can capitalize on their missteps.
- Plays well with others. You thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input.
- Can gracefully say “no” when something doesn’t make sense for the product(s).
We win with people. Here’s how we support ours:
- 100% company-paid benefits for the employee including: Health, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability and up to $50,000 in life insurance
- 15 PTO days and 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- We offer flexible start and end times
- Veterinary Savings Program
- We have a start-up company mentality with 29 years of industry experience
- Work/Life balance is valued and upheld
- Progressive, hip environment with private food market, onsite gym, outdoor patio, lounge & game room, and casual office culture