QA & DevOps Manager
Title: QA & DevOps Manager
Location: Tempe, AZ headquarters
Reports to: VP, Software Engineering
The successful candidate has:
- Experience leading, building, and managing strong Quality Assurance and DevOps teams in the software industry. You’ve likely managed a team for at least 5 years.
- A love for performance management tracking and KPIs. You’ve used dashboards and visual management systems to bring visibility and tracking/reporting to ensure quality product and feature releases.
- Significant experience implementing automated testing efforts and knowledge of enterprise level automation tools.
- Experience creating a culture of continuous delivery using DevOps based strategies, automating the development and production environment.
- A demonstrated ability in developing a compelling view on how to test software at various levels including Acceptance, System, Integration, Unit and Performance.
- Excellent communication skills. You are highly articulate and able to communicate important messages in a clear and concise manner.
- Thrived in a fast-paced work environment.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience working in a .NET Development environment.
- Experience managing a team of at least 20+ staff members, including offshore.
- Experience with CI/CD automation
- Experience with moving a team from manual to QA automation
- Bachelors’ degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field required
About the role. How you will make an impact:
- Lead and mentor a dynamic team of both automated and manual Quality Assurance Engineers to provide a high level of quality testing that is easily measurable.
- Be an advocate for our customers and champion their experiences to ensure we are delivering consistent products to customers across our entire product portfolio.
- Lead the transition from Quality Assurance to Quality Engineering where the Automated Test Engineers develop automated tests early in the development cycle as new features are developed.
- Implement management systems and KPI dashboards to bring visibility and track/report on overall product quality across the product portfolio.
- Understand and provide clarification and/or input on all technical specifications, user manuals and other product documentation to other departments across the organization.
- Recommend and deliver on short, medium and long term operational performance improvements.
- Lead recruiting efforts and mentor existing team members to increase our focus on automated testing.
We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to grow and contribute to growth in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry
- Is forward thinking and likes to use the latest technologies
- Is customer driven and likes to see people succeed that he/she leads
- Recognizes the importance of a thriving culture. You like to share knowledge and ideas to better our organization
We win with people. Here’s how we support ours:
- 100% company-paid benefits for the employee including: Health, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability and up to $50,000 in life insurance
- 15 PTO days and 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- We offer flexible start and end times
- Veterinary Savings Program
- We have a start-up company mentality with 29 years of industry experience
- Work/Life balance is valued and upheld
- Progressive, hip environment with private food market, onsite gym, outdoor patio, lounge & game room, and casual office culture