Senior Software Engineer
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Tempe, AZ headquarters
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
The successful candidate has:
- Extensive C#/.NET engineering experience in an Agile/SCRUM/Kanban development environment.
- Experience with SQL. You’re skilled at writing statements, procedures, and functions.
- Experience working with back-end web services (WCF/Web API/ASMX) and/or message queuing (MSMQ/ RabbitMQ/Kafka/BizTalk).
- Experience creating software that interacts with high performance databases.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience developing enterprise level products
- A desire to mentor and lead junior developers
We are looking for someone who:
- Is attracted to complicated, complex problems
- Is forward thinking and likes to learn & use new technologies
- Is attracted to the challenge of leveling up a product built with older technologies
- Is built to thrive in ambiguity and doesn’t mind frequent pivots
- Takes pride in creating high quality, clean enterprise products
- Plays well with others. You thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input
About the role. How you will make an impact:
Our software engineers directly impact our customer experience by creating clean, maintainable, high performance & scalable code. Working alongside product managers, QA engineers, designers, and other fellow engineers, you will collaborate to create and release solutions through Agile delivery. To help us stay fresh, you will research new technologies to improve existing systems and build new ones. As a senior engineer, you will cultivate your peers via code reviews and best practices training.
Challenges you will help us solve:
- How do we incorporate the latest technologies into our products without creating more technical debt?
We win with people. Here’s how we support ours:
- 100% company-paid benefits for the employee including: Health, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability and up to $50,000 in life insurance
- 15 PTO days and 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- We offer flexible start and end times
- Veterinary Savings Program
- We have a start-up company mentality with 29 years of industry experience
- Work/Life balance is valued and upheld
- Progressive, hip environment with private food market, new outdoor patio, onsite gym, lounge & game room, and casual office culture