Technical Support Engineer (Tier I)
Title: Technical Support Engineer (Tier I)
Location: Tempe, AZ headquarters
Reports to: Sr. Support Manager
The successful candidate has:
- Strong technical aptitude to be able to provide support to other IT professionals. You likely have an undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, and/or related experience and education with Windows based technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills; You’re not satisfied with quick fixes. You seek to quickly identify technical issues and “own the problem until it’s solved.”
- A love for technology. You geek out of the latest and greatest software, build your own machines or websites, and are the go to person for all of your family & friends tech questions
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Experience working for a fast-paced Software or IT company providing support to end users
- Knowledge/exposure/experience with SQL
About the role. How you will make an impact:
This ain’t your grandma’s technical support team. The support you provide for Ipro’s product lines will be for complicated, tricky, not-found-in-a-text-book type problems, which will require great patience, a good ear, and keen technical knowledge. As our Tech Support Engineer, you will provide technical and application support to clients by answering questions on function and usage on all of Ipro’s software products via the telephone, internet and/or email. To help make our products better, you will communicate with team members regarding product issues, including escalation of unknown or undocumented issues to product development. Doing so, you will own client issues through entire resolution chain until client is satisfied.
Challenges you will help us solve:
- How can we improve the installation process each release to make it faster and with fewer errors?
- What repetitive tasks can be compiled in an FAQ and published?
- How do we create more triage systems to reduce the number of calls we receive?
We are looking for someone who:
- Is attracted to complicated, complex problems
- Loves and thrives in ambiguity. The unknown excites you
- Frequently asks “What if…?”. You are an intellectual tinkerer who can’t help but dream up new efficiencies
- Is truly customer-centric. You take ownership and pride in the customer experience
- Can multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
We win with people. Here’s how we support ours:
- 100% company-paid benefits for the employee including: Health, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability and up to $50,000 in life insurance
- 15 PTO days and 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- We offer flexible start and end times
- Veterinary Savings Program
- We have a start-up company mentality with 29 years of industry experience
- Work/Life balance is valued and upheld
- Progressive, hip environment with private food market, onsite gym, outdoor patio, lounge & game room, and casual office culture