The successful candidate has:
- 1+ years of experience in building and administering VMs and containers using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform/Helm
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process. Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployments.
- Experience with SCM tools like TFS/GIT/Bitbucket
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Sound knowledge of network fundamentals to include basic troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Understanding of the concepts of Infrastructure as Code, Automation and Orchestration
- Agile/SCRUM experience.
The Ideal candidate possesses:
- 2+ years of experience in designing and maintaining cloud-based solutions
- Experience translating development team requirements into Application/System configuration.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations deploying highly available, scalable and secure applications
- Experience with monitoring tools like New Relic, Nagios, Prometheus
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies, cloud services and tools.
- Experience with maintaining patch levels of software installations across multiple systems. Implement installations, changes, upgrades, patches and production
- 3+ years of experience working with .NET technologies such as C# and PowerShell
About the role. How you will make an impact:
As a DevOps engineer you will ensure that the system is running smoothly and monitor to proactively respond to issues before it arises. You will ensure that your developers are never doing repetitive tasks, and the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves. Automate as much as possible to deliver fast and frequent with quality. Work with cloud platforms to drive organizational growth and opportunity.
Challenges you will help us solve:
- Containerize our Desktop and Web based applications
- Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance and operability in mind
- Improve company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures and data security.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has keen interest and aptitude for technical solutions, automation and consistent operations
- Focuses on efficient and robust programs and processes for supporting maximum uptime and throughput while ensuring CI/CD
- Is comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Is genuinely passionate about technology, process and tools
- Is attracted to complicated, complex problems.
- Is forward thinking and likes to learn & use new technologies.
- Is built to thrive in ambiguity and doesn't mind frequent pivots.
- Plays well with others. You thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input.
- Resolve issues within a complex system that is highly driven by analytics and metrics
- Perform daily system monitoring, assist in problem root cause determination across a variety of systems
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Demonstrate technical chops daily and encouraged to challenge the status quo and rethink possibilities